Below are some helpful resources to get you started. See the our Research page for suggested research, news articles, books and digital materials on voting and voter turnout.
- Webinar: National Social Work Voter Mobilization Introduction
- Fact Sheet: Social Work Education’s Role in Voter Turnout
- Fact Sheet: Agencies Role in Voter Turnout
- Download our Voting is Social Work presentation for your class, field instructor training and/or professional development workshop.
- Field directors and faculty can use this Sample letter to Field Agencies to share your school’s voter engagement initiative.
- Know Your Elected Officials: Use this worksheet to find your local, state and federal representatives.
- Nonpartisan voter engagement is legal, ethical and professional. Know the facts: Nonprofit Vote’s 501(c)(3) Fact Sheet.
- Build students’ confidence and political efficacy: Sample assignments for class and field education. Students can also complete the Voting in your state worksheet to learn more about the rules and deadlines that apply.
- Twenty Ways to Make Voting Matter! Twenty examples students provided from an urban school of social work for a policy assignment about their agencies’ practices related to voter engagement.