Attention Students: Social Media Contest!
Social work students can make a difference in voter turnout on campus, in their communities and at their field placement agencies!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Know who represents you at all levels of government using this worksheet.
- Connect with elected officials on social media like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay informed.
- Find and share information on your state's voting rules.
INCORPORATE VOTING INTO FIELD WORK:
- Add voter activities to your field education contract (find sample practice activities here).
- Suggest ways your agency could support clients and communities to vote.
- Look through these examples of incorporating voting into fieldwork: Twenty Ways to Make Voting Matter
- Run voter registration and pledge to vote drives on your campus. Use our Voter Registration Drive Checklist to help you run a successful drive.
- Create and share candidate guides and/or host a candidate forum on your campus.
- Consider working at the polls on election day. Check the law for your state here and contact your local election office to sign up.
- Reach out to local organizations for information, speakers and resources (e.g.,League of Women Voters or local registrar offices).