Social justice is a core principle of social work practice and calls for ensuring meaningful participation in decision making for all people. Voting is Social Work is a nonprofit nonpartisan organization that provides social work students and practitioners with the knowledge and tools to raise awareness about voting and to increase voting registration and participation. We do this work through our National Social Work Voter Mobilization Campaign which strives to integrate nonpartisan voter registration and engagement into social work education and practice.
Join the Mailing List
Stay informed about important issues that affect our voting rights
and for opportunities to increase voter participation.
- Wall Street Journal Reporter's Daughter Recovering After Beirut Explosion August 7, 2020This week, Dion Nissenbaum told us how his four-year-old daughter, Iman, suffered serious cuts after a huge blast in Beirut blew apart their home. Now, Iman's on her feet again — and laughing.
- Belarus' Longtime President Faces Unexpected Competition In Upcoming Election August 7, 2020Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko, in power for 26 years, is facing unprecedented opposition in Sunday's election from an political novice who says she only wants a clean vote.Lucian Kim
- Sweden Records Largest GDP Drop Since 1980, But Outperforms Many Other EU Countries August 7, 2020The coronavirus pandemic has taken a toll on Sweden's economy. Despite the country's relaxed response to the virus, its gross domestic product recorded the largest quarterly drop in modern history.H.J. Mai
- Pentagon Chief Esper Talks With Chinese Counterpart As Tensions Soar August 6, 2020Defense Secretary Mark Esper and his Chinese counterpart lectured one another in a 90-minute call as the highest level U.S. delegation in four decades plans a provocative visit to Taiwan.David Welna
- Lebanese Criticize Government Over Massive Explosion In Beirut August 6, 2020The Lebanese people are growing angrier with their leaders after this week's explosion in Beirut, with questions being raised about official negligence as a possible cause in the deadly blast.Ruth Sherlock