Social justice is a core principle of social work practice and calls for ensuring meaningful participation in decision making for all people. Voting is Social Work is a nonprofit nonpartisan organization that provides social work students and practitioners with the knowledge and tools to raise awareness about voting and to increase voting registration and participation. We do this work through our National Social Work Voter Mobilization Campaign which strives to integrate nonpartisan voter registration and engagement into social work education and practice.
Join the Mailing List
Stay informed about important issues that affect our voting rights
and for opportunities to increase voter participation.
- More Than 30 Dead And Dozens Wounded After Double Suicide Attack In Iraq's Capital January 21, 2021Twin suicide bombings at a Baghdad market — unheard of in recent years — are raising security concerns as the Biden administration looks at the U.S. troops still in the country.Alice Fordham
- More Than 80 Nations Sign On To A New Global Treaty To Prohibit Nuclear Weapons January 21, 2021A new global treaty banning nuclear weapons will go into force on Friday. More than 80 countries have signed on to it — but none of them are countries that have nuclear weapons.Geoff Brumfiel
- South Korean Ex-Coach Sentenced To 10 Years Over Sexual Assault Of Olympic Champion January 21, 2021Shim Suk-hee, a star short track speedskater who has won four Olympic medals, accused Cho Jae-beom of sexually abusing her dozens of times.Merrit Kennedy
- Police Find 1st 'Cannabis Factory' In London's Financial District, Destroy 826 Plants January 21, 2021Growers likely took advantage of less-populated streets due to the coronavirus pandemic, police say. But the reduction in city traffic also made the cannabis plants' pungent odor more noticeable.Reese Oxner
- U.S. Will Remain In WHO, Fauci Announces, As Biden Reverses Trump Move January 21, 2021WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus responded, "Thank you my brother Tony" and thanks also to the U.S. for renewing its support.Bill Chappell