Social justice is a core principle of social work practice and calls for ensuring meaningful participation in decision making for all people. Voting is Social Work is a nonprofit nonpartisan organization that provides social work students and practitioners with the knowledge and tools to raise awareness about voting and to increase voting registration and participation. We do this work through our National Social Work Voter Mobilization Campaign which strives to integrate nonpartisan voter registration and engagement into social work education and practice.
Join the Mailing List
Stay informed about important issues that affect our voting rights
and for opportunities to increase voter participation.
- Coronvirus Vaccine Distribution Reveals Global Public Health Inequities April 10, 2021A coronavirus variant that originated in the UK is now the most dominant strain in the U.S. NPR's Scott Simon speaks with former USAID administrator Raj Shah about the global COVID-19 response.
- Inside Jordanian Prince Hamzah's Rift With The Royal Family April 10, 2021Jordan's Prince Hamzah, who shook the Kingdom with his criticism, has support from Jordanians who feel left out amid an economic crisis.Daniel Estrin
- 'Ping Pong Diplomacy's' Legacy Challenged, 50 Years Later April 10, 2021It's been 50 years since the U.S. and China engaged in "Ping Pong Diplomacy" - opening dialogue by having teams compete in the table top games.John Ruwitch
- Can Vaccines Stop Variants? Here's What We Know So Far April 9, 2021One of the hottest areas of research right now: studies to determine how well current vaccines work against emerging coronavirus "variants of concern."Nurith Aizenman
- Returning To The Iran Nuclear Deal Is Essential For Biden's Foreign Policy Agenda April 9, 2021For President Biden, a swift return to the Iran nuclear deal is essential not only for curbing a major national security threat, but also for the rest of his foreign policy agenda.Franco Ordoñez