Social justice is a core principle of social work practice and calls for ensuring meaningful participation in decision making for all people. Voting is Social Work is a nonprofit nonpartisan organization that provides social work students and practitioners with the knowledge and tools to raise awareness about voting and to increase voting registration and participation. We do this work through our National Social Work Voter Mobilization Campaign which strives to integrate nonpartisan voter registration and engagement into social work education and practice.
Join the Mailing List
Stay informed about important issues that affect our voting rights
and for opportunities to increase voter participation.
- Keep Your Tweets To Yourself May 12, 2009At the risk of sounding like that old guy in Gran Torino telling those "young punks" to "get off my lawn," it's gotten to the point that whenever I hear somebody talking about Twitter or twittering or tweetinJohn Ridley
- Checking In From The Czech Republic April 27, 2009I've made it to Prague, and let me just say it's a beautiful city. Particularly if you happen to be into old world Europe, 'cause there's a lot of that going on here. The weather's been beautiful, and that only adds to the charm.John Ridley
- The Unbearable Heaviness Of Luggage April 21, 2009I've never been much of a European traveler. London once on a book tour, and Italy because that's where Ferraris are from. That's about it.John Ridley
- Why Isn't America Watching NBC's Kings? April 15, 2009The thing about working in Hollywood is that at some point you really get tired of hearing how godless you are, and how if you and the rest of the heathens in Tinseltown would put more God-centric shows on TV, people wouldn't be abandoning prime t...John Ridley
- John McCain Fights For Jack Johnson April 2, 2009When you read the headline it's one of those what-the-heck moments: John McCain has co-sponsored a Senate resolution asking President Obama to posthumously paJohn Ridley