Social justice is a core principle of social work practice and calls for ensuring meaningful participation in decision making for all people. Voting is Social Work is a nonprofit nonpartisan organization that provides social work students and practitioners with the knowledge and tools to raise awareness about voting and to increase voting registration and participation. We do this work through our National Social Work Voter Mobilization Campaign which strives to integrate nonpartisan voter registration and engagement into social work education and practice.
Join the Mailing List
Stay informed about important issues that affect our voting rights
and for opportunities to increase voter participation.
- North Korea's Kim Vows To Be Ready For Confrontation With The U.S. June 18, 2021Earlier this week, the U.S. and other leaders of the Group of Seven wealthy nations issued a statement calling for North Korea to abandon its nuclear program and return to talks.The Associated Press
- Israel Launches Airstrikes After Incendiary Balloons Are Flown From Gaza June 18, 2021There were no immediate reports of casualties from the strikes.The Associated Press
- Biden Tells Putin To Crackdown On Ransomware. What Are The Odds He Will? June 17, 2021The president says the U.S. will respond if it keeps getting hit with cyber attacks linked to Russia. But Putin has shown little interest in combatting cyber crimes called 'ransomware-as-a-service.'Greg Myre
- Women Will Race In Their Own Tour De France Next Summer June 17, 2021Noting the Tour's status as the world's marquee cycling event, pro cyclist Anna van der Breggen says, "It's long been a dream for many of us to compete in a women's Tour de France."Bill Chappell
- A Columnist's Reaction To England Men's Soccer Team Taking A Knee June 17, 2021NPR's Audie Cornish speaks with writer Nels Abbey about his recent column surrounding fans booing the English men's national soccer team for taking a knee in honor of Black Lives Matter.Audie Cornish